My boys have been busy....in the ER. Yep. I remember when I was younger, my dad always commented on how his steering wheel had a certain "pull" to it whenever he drove by a Dairy Queen. Well, our steering wheel has a certain "pull" to it whenever we drive by a doctor's office or hospital. Let me explain for a quick moment....
The night before my brother's wedding two weeks ago, Noah started coughing so I gave him atreatment @ 9p.m. By 11 p.m., the boy was retracting, wheezing, whistling, and whatever else he could do to create his own cacaphony of sounds that send his mother into adrenaline overdrive.....with a sprinkling of spastic colon.
By midnight, Jamie and I decided Noah needed more than the treatments. We took him to a local ER. To make a long, boring, predictable story short....Noah spent four and a half hours in the ER receiving breathing treatments, X-rays, and a scrip for steroids. We got back to the hotel at 4:30 a.m. Noah continued to struggle to breathe. My tummy was in knots ...which led to me to life in the bathroom with my own issues......that's how I respond to stress--yippy for a clean colon!
By noon (we were to be at wedding for pics at 2), Noah said, "Mom, I don't think I can make it to the wedding". My heart sank. I pleaded with him to go at least for the ten minute ceremony and pictures. He told me he just didn't think he could breathe and walk at the same time. My heart sank and my stomach cramped. I gave him his next dose of steroids. By 1:45, he had perked up enough to go to the wedding.
We made it to the wedding, but boy, did we look rough! Noah fell asleep on the ride there...hence the bedhead look in the photos. After doing Kyla's hair and messing with everything, my hair needed attention---but just didn't get it..very evident in the pics.
Noah made it through the ceremony and said he wanted to stay for reception. He did really well at the reception. We got back to hotel, and he started wheezing again. To make another long story short...he developed bronchitis and had to stay home two extra days after the wedding.
In a quiet moment while giving Noah a treatment in the middle of the night...it hit me. I don't think he will be fortunate enough to outgrow the asthma as Kyla did. I know things could be much worse, and we're okay with a life that includes asthma.
I received the ER bill this week--yowza! I think we will forever be indebted to the medical facilities. We just like to sprinkle our love all over those places....
Okay......Bledsoe boy #2 and his ER visit. I asked Jamie to pick Brody up from the sitter this p.m. so I could stay a bit longer at work. Jamie called me back a little bit later and asked if the sitter had called me. I told him she hadn't. Long pause....He then explained to me that Brody had a very large "goose egg" (the size of a baseball) on his head with a big scrape. The story is a great lesson (for all you teacher readers out there) in force, incline, momentum, and Newton's First Law of Motion: Brody on trike with his buddy Rylie standing on the back. They go down a hill......and sideswipe none other than a TREE at the bottom! The sitter said he cried a little and that was all, that is why she did
Okay....so this post is getting long and drawn out.......Time for some tidbits (you know...like pineapple tidbits...in a can).
*I LOVE Fall! Our apple trees our so full and I have been making apple crisp more than cooking dinner (my husband will agree).
*Jamie, his brother, and a co-worker have been busily working on what the neighborhood perceives as a "glorified deer stand", but we KNOW it is going to be an awesome two story play house for the kids. I will blog and photog that in the near future.....
*Tricia is loving her class and all their funny quirks...although they may not be loving back as 14/17 students had to change their cards today--yikes!
*Coffee is the new water.
*Jamie got away for a day to play in a softball tourney with church. I'm happy to report--no injuries!
*Kyla took her first modern dance class at the dance studio she does ballet and jazz at.
*Noah is a reading machine! He read 178 pages TODAY. I lOVE that!
*Our laundry is still the next worst thing aside from taxes.
*I have approximately 24 library books that are beyond past due and will have to mortgage house again to bail us out of those fines--oh yeah......can one get a mortgage anymore????
* Speaking of mortgage, my brother and his wife still have a very nice home on the south end of Oneida for sale. Check it out here.
*Noah had his first soccer game Saturday. He loves that sport!
*Noah and Brody are doing so well in swimming!
*Chocolate is the new Prozac
*ROWVA High School band kicks my morning off with a smile when they march by my classroom window early in the morning--I LOVE...LOVE that Fall sound of marching bands (especially when they're as good as ours).
*The van is still running......
*I am not running....blech!
*Lack of sleep causes one to look older than her brother....according to my boss. Nice.
*I met a new dentist. He examined my teeth. He said we will be very good friends.
*I still have a new bathtub.....that is still in the garage.....
*Barack still scares me. Ike scares me. Power bills scare me. $76 gasoline charges scare me. Hollywood scares me. Mice with beady eyes scare me. My to-do-list scares me.
*My ramblings.....................scare me.



No comments:
Post a Comment