So...today my class and I were engrossed in a book about apple trees, etc. I turned to the page with the deer, and we talked about how deer love apples. One cute little guy...we'll call him "Bobby" gets real wide-eyed and shoots his had up in the air just busting at the seams to share his story. I'm thinking it's going to be a cute story about deer eating apples of his grandma's tree. Nope....He said, "My mom and dad shot a deer once, and then they took the bones and guts out and hung up the boned head and skin on the wall. Then we caught the eyes on fire. It was real cool". He sat back down with a smile of satisfaction, that for at least that part of the day, he was engaged in learning......I, on the otherhand was cracking up on the inside thinking, "I bet Nora (who teaches in Chicago) will never hear a story like this one......."
Update on Brody. The massive baseball on the front of his already large forehead is really looking better. Before I took Brody to the sitters today, Jamie was giving him a talking to. I think he told him seven times...."No riding trikes into trees". Now, I think that is calling the kettle black, because..........years ago when a little boy named Jamie was about, let's say....fifteen, he had a run in with a tree......with something much larger (and more expensive) than a trike. Y
ep, Jamie's parents were out of town....so Jamie decide to take this sweet looking car (okay--not the exact one......but it is a Ranchero) on a joy ride. Jamie got as far as, well, his street, when he spun out, fishtailed, and ran into the neighbor's tree. Oops. He hurried the car back home and then heard the cops out looking for these "hoodlums".....When the cops stopped by Jamie's house to ask none other than Jamie himself about the incident....Jamie, sweet little Christian kid....pointed the cops down another street and replied, "they went that way". Yep. Jamie is telling them this all while he is standing in front of the part of the car THAT HIT THE THREE.....while TALKING-no, LYING TO THE COPS! Eventually, Jamie was found out and taken down to the Public Safety Building and booked. He had to call his grandparents to come get him because his parents were gone to a PRAISE GATHERING. So where am I headed with this story? Nowhere. Just wanted to make a connection between Jamie's collision with trees.........and Brody's. Oh boy......I have a long way to go as a mother of Brody if his childhood is going to parallel his father's.
ep, Jamie's parents were out of town....so Jamie decide to take this sweet looking car (okay--not the exact one......but it is a Ranchero) on a joy ride. Jamie got as far as, well, his street, when he spun out, fishtailed, and ran into the neighbor's tree. Oops. He hurried the car back home and then heard the cops out looking for these "hoodlums".....When the cops stopped by Jamie's house to ask none other than Jamie himself about the incident....Jamie, sweet little Christian kid....pointed the cops down another street and replied, "they went that way". Yep. Jamie is telling them this all while he is standing in front of the part of the car THAT HIT THE THREE.....while TALKING-no, LYING TO THE COPS! Eventually, Jamie was found out and taken down to the Public Safety Building and booked. He had to call his grandparents to come get him because his parents were gone to a PRAISE GATHERING. So where am I headed with this story? Nowhere. Just wanted to make a connection between Jamie's collision with trees.........and Brody's. Oh boy......I have a long way to go as a mother of Brody if his childhood is going to parallel his father's. I best be going. Brody is running around the basement pretending it is a cloth and is "cleaning" everything because "Me-Maw (my mom) is going to come on Tuesday at 2:00". He made that all up........but I find it funny that even though he is pretending company is coming, he is mocking his mother by cleaning like a madwomen to prepare for company. So funny!



1 comment:
haha, great story about jamie!
Post a Comment