
Okay.....so at 11:00 a.m. today when I volunteered to make 100 ice cream cookiewiches for 100 campers....it sounded like a great, fun idea. Yeah, well after the world's longest baseball game (in which Noah's team won and got 3rd place) and then getting home at 10:00 p.m. to start baking 200 chocolate chip cookies for 100 ice cream cookiewiches.......well, let's just say I was not thinking clearly.....again. It's 11:23 p.m. I have 68 cookies baked out of 200 and I feel like falling over into a heap.
I do want to share a quick easy supper I threw together this evening that was pretty tasty. You can take it and try it, or you can just throw your hands up the air, and say "whatev". Here goes......
1 pkg of ground lean turkey
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can whole kernel can (drained)
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
Flour tortillas
olive oil
sour cream
cheddar cheese
salsa
lettuce
tomato
Brown the turkey (add some salt and pepper). When done, add seasoning and amount of water on pkg. stir and cook water down. Add corn and black beans and stir. Keep warm over low heat. Heat olive oil in another small skillet. Brown tortillas on at least one side. Lay tortilla (brown side down) on plate. Place a scoop of meat mixture on half of tortilla. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and add the rest of your taco toppings you want. Voila! Something healthy and a little different than your average taco.
Okay......screen is getting blurry.....must go to bed.



No comments:
Post a Comment