My two older kids have been exclaiming how quickly the summer has gone by. We have not had the "lazy, hazy days of summer" in this household, unfortunately. Next year we will try harder to say "no" to the numerous camp, workshop, musical, summer college, etc. offerings so we can have more time to be lazy and wear our jammies till we want!
Noah has been fighting some nasty ear infection since July 4th. He is all suped up on meds and still not feeling much better. We have been to doc twice this week and go once more tomorrow a.m. His cough and demeanor spell pneumonia to me, but I pray that I am wrong. I asked him if he was able to cough up any "souvenirs" today. He told me he had been "coughing up dinosaurs" all day (translation: lots of phlegm--TMI!). Strange sense of humor we have.........
Noah missed the last two games of his regular baseball season. He didn't seem too bummed as he stayed home and built models of his future tree house out of Legos, played Lego Indian Jones on PS2 and watched the movie, Underdog, for the 33rd time this week (he's been ill, okay! So, 33 is a bit of an exaggeration, you get the point).
Okay, so the 4-H fair is officially one week and two days away---YeeeeIKES! Where did our time go? I signed the kids up for way too many projects (yes, biting off more than I can chew is a very bad trait of mine). We are at each other's throats trying to get them done. I think my senior year finals were more manageable than this. Please, if there is a 4-H fairy out there....please, PLEASE visit my home tonight. I will leave Kyla's dried out fudge on the table for you (an ode to Micro Magic 4-H project gone bad).
Well, this post has been well centered around my middle child....which is good, as the limelight is often stolen from him by dominant big sis, and cute but rowdy little bro.
Speaking of the rowdy, Brody's tonsils have healed quite nicely! His voice is still a bit off, but getting better. I'm not sure I'm ready to go through another T&A in three weeks!
As I type this, it's 11:44 p.m. and WHAT?! I am drinking caffeinated coffee--WHAT?! I haven't slept well between Brody's 3 a.m. post tonsillectomy pain thrashings and Noah's round the clock treatments and fevers. Tonight would have been a great night to sleep....what was I thinking?! If the caffeine prevents zzzzzzz's, I may be back to post in a few hours!
Until then, enjoy some pics I've taken recently:



No comments:
Post a Comment