Okay......it's confession time. Blogs are sometimes about being transparent (sometimes too transparent). Last year at this time, Weight Watchers was my master and I was doing well as the student. Something happened between Christmas and now.......my skinny clothes are now my skin-tight clothes. Curse you teachers' lounge treats! Curse you cookie dough! Curse you girls who eat blizzards and wear size 10's (yeah--a size 10 to me would be a size 2 to you)! Curse you emotional eating! Oh........and curse me for not having the discipline to keep on keeping on. Sooo, today my goal is to get my treadmill out of the back room that I barely step foot in and bring it to the room where we live (oh--and to use it). My goal is to drink more H20. My goal is to not unconsciously grab a snack everytime I enter the kitchen. My goal is to get my act together. There, I said it. I will let you know if my scale makes it through the week..............
Today was a very emotional day for me as a momma. Early this morning, I was finishing getting Kyla's packing done for camp. This was to be Noah's first year at camp also. They had made so many awesome accomodations for his asthma (air conditioning, nurse sleeping in his cabin--it's a male nurse--, having his bunk by the air conditioner, etc., etc.) in preparation for his week at camp. Noah looked at me this a.m. and asked if he would be able to go to camp after going to his doctor appointment this a.m. How do you tell your boy that he is once again "grounded" by his health (or lack thereof). I gently told him he would not be able to go today, but possibly by the end of the week, he would be able to go for some activities and a meal with his cabin. He started to well up with the alligators..........but then calmed down after I told him we would make the best of his week alone here at home (Brody is at sitter's all week as I was going to work at school).
I dropped Kyla off and then went to Noah's cabin to let them know he wouldn't be there. I couldn't hold it in. I cried like a baby. I'm crying now. This is so hard. His counselor seems so cool. He grabbed my shoulder and started praying for Noah right away. It was a moment of comfort and peace. We don't know the why's, but we know who......who is in control. God knows Noah's needs, desires, and wants. Right now, being at home with mom and dad all to himself is all he needs.
Finally.........I have found that 3 a.m. is the time my hubby and I
have our best conversations. Remember he works 3rd shift! Our 3 a.m. texting went like this earlier this a.m.......
have our best conversations. Remember he works 3rd shift! Our 3 a.m. texting went like this earlier this a.m.......Me: "The rash is back".......(Noah has been fighting a viral rash the last 48 hours--and I had just gone downstairs to check on his breathing and noticed the return of the rash)
Jamie: "Get to sleep"........
Me: "I can't. I just gave Noah his meds, I hear "that mouse" prancing around on our counter" (we have been trying to catch this one mouse for weeks!). Plus, Kyla just came in after falling out of her bed. She told me had a bad, BAD dream. She dreamed all of her clothes she packed for camp were one size too big" (and that's a bad thing?).
Jamie: "I miss out on all the fun when I'm working".
Me: "I miss out on all the sleep".
Jamie: "Wuv you".
I start nodding off when I hear a spring loaded SNAP from the kitchen--YES! I grab my phone to let Jamie know....
Me: "I just heard a snap--I think the mouse is gone".
At this point, Jamie calls me.
Jamie: "Are you going to empty it?".
Me: "Absolutely not!".
Jamie: "Get some sleep".
I go downstairs and peek with one eye towards the trap. The trap has moved a foot from it's location.......and no stinking mouse! Ugh! Sigh! We still are losing this battle.......I think I'll go get some sleep.



No comments:
Post a Comment