Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm baaaack!

I don't know where I have been, but I haven't blogged for quite awhile. I'm making a quick post before we head to OSF to get a blood draw done for Kyla. This is her pre-op work up they do before her tonsillectomy (in two weeks). She is very nervous about the draw. I'm trying to coax her with a bribe to DQ after all is said and done. I think we're going to need a bit of prayer between now and August 12th.......and then some more. Could you make a few deposits in our prayer bank? Thanks!

Well, I haven't felt like I've accomplished anything this summer when it comes to scrapbooking, stamping, etc. I did get my Uppercase Living creation made for Kyla's dance teacher (and then forgot to photograph it--sorry!). We made a ballet piece for her on canvas using Uppercase Living decals. It turned out pretty well. Right before Kyla went todance last night, I remembered I had ordered some pretty cute dance stamps from the "From the Heart" stamp company--I think that's the name. I yanked those out and whipped together my first stamped card in ages. Here's how it turned out...........yes, I was photographing while driving---PLEASE do not try this at home, folks!

It's not my best work, but it turned out pretty good in real life......

Which brings me to what blogging is really about.............Don't you think it's a grown up version of Show-and-Tell? I absolutely LOVED Show-and-Tell in elementary school. I loved being on the showing end and on the receiving end also. That's what I love about reading others' blogs. I love to see the crafts, DIY projects, etc. that people show in their blogs.
Well, it's time to go get this blood draw thing marked off the "to do list". I'll leave you with a few photos from summer days gone by......sniff, sniff, sob........

Here's the Brod-meister peeling a bowl-full of our early apples we picked (Transparent Apples). We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer. It saves us during the Fall and all the apple peeling going on. You can purchase one here . Brody peeled probably twenty apples that evening so we could make a monster of an apple crisp for Jamie to take to work. I wouldn't recommend using Transparent apples for apple crisp, though--kinda mushy.....but he said the guys liked it.


Here's our new pet, "Patches". It's a doe that comes up and eats the apples that have fallen from the tree. I sure wish she'd bring some friends as we have a lot of apples on the ground, and they are getting mushy and gross!. Her name is Patches because she is missing patches of fur......we're way to clever.......and have no life.




I've run out of time to post more photos. Will have to do when I return........maybe Sherri could tutor me on how to upload them as a slide show???:)>











No comments: