Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's HOT!










Man, it's HOT out there! I took the afternoon off from getting my classroom ready and so the older two kids and I could go to a gathering of Central staff and their children for an afternoon of swimming. Boy, did that pool hit the spot! Kyla and Noah were thrilled to finally get some swimming in! I have to say, I was tentative about Noah's swimming skills, but he fared pretty well! I think with more swim lessons, he will be set! Kyla proved to be a seasoned fish in the water.


Speaking of swimming, Noah and Brody's first swim lesson went well. Noah was going off the diving board, learning the basic stroke and did very well. Brody did very well...as long as he was in the water. Let me tell you....those thirty minutes of his lesson were the l-o-n-g-e-s-t thirty minutes in a "mother-of-an-active-three-year-old's" life! Once his instructor told his class to stand in a line and take turns jumping in the pool........that was all she wrote. Eighty percent of Brody's class was standing perfectly still in line. It was a very mature 80%. Twenty percent of the class (did I mention Brody IS THE twenty percent of the class?!) could not handle standing still in line to wait his turn. He was all over the place...hopping, bouncing, flapping, dipping his toe in the water,etc. In the great words of my wonderful colleague, Mary Ann, Brody was throwing his "hairy little toe over the line" several times. Brody's instructor was a young, but well practiced, instructor. I have to tip my hat to her because she was very good with him.

I haven't blogged since the dramatic blood draw! Thank you our wonderful friend, Kris, Kyla had the best blood draw. She was so stressed and worried. Cried big alligator tears, and then it was over so quickly because a woman named Star did a beautiful job! Thanks Kris for taking care of us and making sure we got a good one! Here's a pic of all the suckers and stickers even an eleven-year-old wants! One week from today is the big T&A......still could use some prayer deposits;).
We had a wonderful time over the past several weeks getting to know so many people that took part in the musical production of Charlotte's Web. This past weekend was the culmination of all the actors' hard work. The production was absolutely fabulous. Kyla had a small part as a baby spider, and as a townsperson. She had a great time..... To the left is her friend, Molly, who played a lamb--she did an excellent job and has a beautiful singing voice. To the right is her cousin, Lexy, who came opening night to watch the girls.


Well, it is a bit late and I should put in a few hours of rest before the sun comes up. I'll leave you with this cute pic I took the other night. I had stayed downstairs to do some schoolwork on the computer. When I went upstairs to check on everyone, I found the boys (and Annie) crashed....so cute! Jamie fell asleep in Brody's bunk, and Annie wasn't too far behind. Notice the cool green walls I painted to coordinate with their quilts. I will take more pics of the orange lockers and such when I get the trim and window treatments done.

No comments: