Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ramblings of someone who doesn't want to give up and sleep...

I have nothing really exciting to blog about. I'm just wasting time as I'm not sleepy, but have no desire to do anything productive. I need to go to bed, but that would mean closing the book on another day with many things not crossed off my list.

Tonight I had great plans to do many things which included getting my classroom ready for tomorrow's open house, cleaning up at home, and going for a walk. Well, I am happy to report I went for a wonderful walk with our dog while Noah biked. Half-way through the walk, one of my most memorable and enjoyable first graders I had last year was out riding her bike, so she rode along and chatted with me while I walked. Toward the end of the walk, I told her I must get back home. She asked......., "Oh, is your house still messy?". I think I mentioned a few times to many last year during class how messy my house was.

I found a GREAT website! It is the technological answer to inspiring your kids to do chores and become more independent, responsible, healthy, and smarter! You can find it here. It is so cool! Sit down, play around with it. I love that you can customize your child's chores to goals that you have set for them. The rewards are awesome! You can go through and select awards for your children to choose from. It makes managing this part of our life so much better!

I think I better turn in for the evening. I need to be kind of alert tomorrow as I teach all day, have a meeting, and then immediately following is Open House. WHAT?!
Oh.......need a pic to make this a complete post.....Check this one out: It's my little brother in some strange get up when he was abou 7 or 8??

I just scanned a bunch of pics and sent up to him for his upcoming wedding (September 6). Since they are still on my computer, I thought I'd share a few with you. The one to the left is just hysterical.......A strange (and scary) resemblence of Goob and Noah). The other photo is of me wearing my "almost mullet" hair style alongside Grandma Dorothy's everpresent red polyester "jump" suit with her infamous crazy patterned shirt. Check out Rob's trendy sweatshirt and my not so trendy sweater. Still the same today................
Must get to sleep.

No comments: