Did you notice Noah's ginormous feet in the picture?! The boy is only nine years old and wearing a men's 8 1/2! Yikes! That is about the same size as his sister, who is in sixth grade. We breed 'em big in the Bledsoe home!
Speaking of big kids....Brody is going to be the ring bearer/flower girl escort at my little bro's wedding in two weeks. I took Brody to Ducky's in Galesburg to get measured, and then I called his measurements into the tuxedo shop in Chicago. The clerk first asked his age. I told her he will be four in November, so she marked down he was 3 1/2. I started giving her his measurements and she replied, "Is he a big kid?". I told her he was. I gave her more measurements. She again commented that this could not be right (he was a boys size eight tux jacket). She asked me if he had a big belly. I told her somewhat. She just couldn't fathom how large my boy is. I finally told her that he wears size 5/6 clothes and he wore a size seven suit last Easter. She said (somewhat under her breath), "This I've got to see!". Yes, we have big kids.

Kyla is in sixth grade and absolutely loving her teacher (who also serves as principal). Her teacher has a lot of energy, humor, and fun assignments. She is still considered a "grade schooler" at ROWVA as Jr. High begins in seventh grade (thank goodness). At our church, though, Jr. High begins at Sixth Grade (gulp). I had forgotten that fact until she received an invitation to the kick-off event for Jr. High youth group! Oh my goodness! Where'd my baby go???

Noah is in Fourth Grade this year. He also has the building principal as his teacher. He loves her and should get along fine (they both have a funny sarcastic way about them). He is looking forward to when his teacher goes on maternity leave, as he gets to have his favorite substitute teacher (who retired from ROWVA two years ago), Mr. Panther. Noah loves Mr. Panther because he does cool Science experiments...academic heaven for this boy! This will be the first time he has a male classroom teacher--so cool!

Brody, goes back to the sitter full-time. He still has this school year and next school year before he goes to school. At the rate he is growing, he may be mistaken for a Third grader when he finally lands in Kindergarden!
As for my first day of school....sorry, no pics of me! I have a great class of seventeen enthusiastic students right now. We had a great start to the week with some fabulous weather. I feel much more relaxed about this year. I'll let you know how long my "relaxed feeling" lasts!
The kids have settled well into their school routine, and now that everyone is recovered from surgeries, and such, they are getting a lot more outside play time......They really have enjoyed playing with the trees to the south of our house. Nothing says "fun" like a rope, an old tire, and a piece of wood. Crazy. Why do I have a Christmas Club account? I think if we gave them a load of wood, tires and rope for Christmas...they'd be set. Kyla made some cool contraption hanging from the tree with ropes today. It looks like two nooses next to one another (not good). You stick your feet in the nooses

and then you can do some pilates movements. Soooooo, if you drive by our house early in the morning and see me dangling from the tree all contorted and stuff---I'm just exercising before school. I think this could be the next thighmaster if used correctly! Here are some pics of the kids climbing the tree.....

Speaking of trees, one Sunday morning while I was sitting on the couch reading the latest gossip in our local newspaper, I noticed our apple tree to the south of our home was shaking as if a storm was blowing in. I looked out the other window and it was calm....no wind or breeze. I looked back at the apple tree and it had split into two! Fortunately, it was an apple tree that we don't really use as much as the others because we're not even sure what kind of apples they are---maybe c

rabapples? Jamie and the boys went out and cut it down. Here's the head lumberjacks doing what they do best...smiling and sitting!

We tried to burn the limbs tonight, but too wet for some reason.
Kyla is pretty much recovered from her T&A. She's got a bit more "shedding" of the film (ooey) that forms in the back of her throat, but for the most part, she is ready to get back into the swing (and dance) of things. She has missed almost a whole month of dance, which is unusual. Her voice is a changed a bit. It's cute. She's hoping that since her voice has changed, that it means her singing voice has improved. With the singing genes she was born with...good luck, dear. Kyla mentioned to me tonight that she just feels better all around. She told me since her tonsils have been romoved, she has better self esteem, is happier, and more grateful for people. Whoa, Dr. Gootee--what did you do to my child, and can we do this on a regular basis? She received a few "get well" cards from classmates and family members that really boosted her, and then on a day when she really felt yucky, her cousins came over and stayed the night. They were even able to pull her outside to eat for a picnic.

I tell you, it has been so fun to watch these cousins grow up together. They are going to wear a path between our house and theirs through the years. They have a lot of fun
together and get along so well. What a blessing for them!

I will try to post pics of my classroom someday soon! I keep forgetting to take some. Maybe I'll take some at Open House this week. Yikes...OPEN HOUSE!!
1 comment:
Tricia, you and your post T&A stories are freaking me out. If we have to go through that, you may just have to talk me through it. Glad to hear she's feeling better.
Post a Comment