Saturday, August 16, 2008

Things are looking up!

Kyla just woke up this morning and gave me a thumbs up. Usually mornings are the toughest for post T&A patients (according to the info sent home and according to experience with Brody). She has a sparkle in her eye and I hope this means we are on the way to recovery. Yesterday was a tough day for her. She was in pain in the morning, and then had quite a tummy ache in the afternoon. Me thinks its from drainage and sleeping with her mouth open. She barely moved from the couch yesterday.

I have gotten a lot done in my classroom and hopefully will be able to stop in this afternoon and wrap things up. Mom was a great help yesterday as she served as official laminating cutter. I was going to take her out to b-fast this a.m. and then realized she had to work--hate that weekend schedule she has. She does too. I pray things change soon in that department.

I'm going to Staples for their teacher appreciation day. Woo woo! Don't know what that will entail, but hey--it's worth a try. My friend, Nora, said she thinks the special this week is free pencil sharpeners--JACKPOT! My goal was to have a pencil sharpener for each student to have in their work boxes. This would totally cut the cost for me--can I hear a yahoozy?!

By the way, Nora, who is teaching at a Charter school in Chicago, thinks (actually is dreaming) I am coming up today to help her with her classroom. She's so funny. I start school in two days. She still has two more weeks before she begins, but thinks I can squeeze in a trip to Chi-town and back before school Monday. She's being so funny. Maybe I need to take a pic of my classroom and my living room (still housing so much First Grade stuff) to prove to her that I cannot travel ten miles from my home for the next few days. Love you anyways, Nora.

Kyla is even going to try to go to town with me today. She wants to pick out a pattern for the fabric we got her for her back to school outfit. I think I will help her lay it out, but then leave a lot of the sewing to her. She has learned a lot in 4-H this year and can put some of that to practice now.

Word of the day: The other day, Noah was asking me about different religions. He really had a lot of questions about the Catholic faith. I tried my best to explain it to him (I taught in a Catholic school for 4.5 months). He paused and asked, "Is my friend, Evan, Cathletic?". I thought that was cute. Well, his friend does like to swim and I do believe heb is Catholic. Therefore, I guess that would make him "Cathletic".

Sorry--no new pics.....I'm too lazy to go up and get my camera.....So I'll leave you with this FABULOUS and STUNNING picture of my older brother, Rob, my little brother, Ryan, and myself sometime in like 1980. Wow......I'm hoping when you see this you are saying, "You've come a long way, baby".

No comments: